We pledge to meet fully, and where possible exceed, in complying with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong). In doing so, we will ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Types of personal data that may be collected or held by us include:
HOW WE USE THE COLLECTED INFORMATION
We collect personal data about you from various types of sources and hold such personal data for the following purposes:
1. Sending information in relation to our products and services, activities, competitions, promotions and events;
2. Marketing and promotional purposes for us, our vendors and business partners and other selected third parties;
3. Joint marketing schemes with other parties;
4. Customising the advertising and content you visit so as to streamline your shopping experience at our site and to provide personalised marketing and promotional information;
5. Fulfilling your orders for products and services, order processing and payment clearing;
6. Responding to your inquiries;
7. Membership registration and offering benefits and privileges;
8. Collecting statistical information, conducting analysis and providing anonymous reporting for internal and external clients;
9. Conducting surveys relating to our customers, products or services;
10. Evaluation and further enhancement of our products and services;
11. Fulfilling any purpose directly related to the above purposes.
The provision of such personal data is voluntary.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can disable cookies on your computer by following instructions indicated in the preferences or options menus in your browser. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to shop at Giorgio Fedon 1919 as the payment process strictly requires the necessary cookies to facilitate your order. You will still be able to visit selected areas of the site nonetheless.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
Online payment service is provided by Paypal and PayDollar. Customers' payment details are securely transmitted to the acquiring bank, card and payment companies for real-time transaction authorisation using Extended Validation Certificates (EV) SSL transaction encryption.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
our subsidiaries, associated companies and other related companies;
our vendors and business partners;
parties which participate in joint marketing scheme with us;
any agent, contractor or service provider who provides administrative, order processing, payment clearing, credit reference, debt collecting or other services necessary to the operation of our business;
any person to whom we are, in our belief in good faith, under an obligation to make disclosure as required by any applicable law
Giorgio Fedon 1919 may also provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic data and patterns, and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personal data that uniquely identifies an individual.
Currently, we do not sell, trade, rent or give away your personal data to others apart from those parties mentioned above. We may decide to do so with trusted third party partners in the future, but you can instruct us not to. We will not sell or disclose any personal data that identifies you to any third party apart from those mentioned above without your approval.
YOUR CONSENT & RIGHTS
Under the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”), individuals have the right to check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data in accordance with the Ordinance. Although you may lodge an access request for free, depending upon the personal information you request we may charge a reasonable fee to recover our costs for processing such request.